College InternshipDevelopment/Special Events Internship: Walk To End Alzheimer’s
Opportunity available in Bedford, NH office
Unpaid / 10-12 Hours per week minimum
Overview of Alzheimer’s Association
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter operates out of its main office in Waltham, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and in Bedford, NH.
Walk To End Alzheimer’s
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the largest annual fundraising and public awareness event for the Alzheimer’s Association. Each fall, three Walks are held in New Hampshire and nine are held in Massachusetts.
• Attend monthly Walk Planning Committee meetings where possible
• Reach out to past Walk participants via phone and email to encourage repeat participation
• Outreach to community and school groups to encourage participation in Walk
• Assist with logistics planning for event, including: permits, entertainment, food/beverages, etc.
• Track weekly Walk registration reports to determine what follow up is needed
• Assist with Welcome Calls and emails to new Walk registrants, including: notification of upcoming Walk events, providing fundraising ideas, etc.
• Assist with planning and promotion of pre and post Walk events such as volunteer orientations, Walk Kickoff events, Pre-Registration Events, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable with database work
• Desktop publishing skills including experience with Microsoft Publisher is preferable
• Experience using Raiser’s Edge a plus, but not required
• Flexibility and willingness to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed
• Ability to handle many projects at one time
• Outgoing, energetic personality
• Interest in special events and fundraising a plus
How to ApplyIf interested, please apply below and include your resume and a brief cover letter (attn: Christine Brown) outlining your interest and qualifications.
7 total views, 1 today