Graphic Design Prepress Intern
Paid internship using professional publishing, imaging, and prepress software to design publications, create graphics, and prepare publications for production on digital printing presses, in accordance with graphic arts and printing industry standards.
– Preflight customer submitted files for processing through EFI Fiery XF and ColorGate raster image processors to manage color and prepare for printing on EFI Jetrion other inkjet printers
– Construct and modify files that have originated in source applications such as Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, In-Design and Acrobat as well as incorporate materials from other applications
– Correct issues such as fonts, colors, layers and object overlap
– Learn Seagull Scientific BarTender label layout software including basic numbering and barcoding methods
– Use Microsoft Excel to preview and edit numbering sequences
– Prepare digital and physical proofs as requested by sales team and customers
– Work with salespeople on proofs, and maintain accurate project records and assure communication with sales.
Why consider this for summer 2018?
– grow your resume with valuable work experience
– grow your pockets with a paid position
– Flexible scheduling during school year with more hours available during breaks
– Located 10 minutes from campus by vehicle
– Work closely with a versatile, innovative & lively group including other KSC students and recent graduates
– Initial paid opportunity is for one semester but previous interns have extended into additional semesters, breaks, or full-time positions following graduation. Current first-year and sophomore students encouraged to apply.
– EIM is a drug-free workplace
– College-level classwork in relevant fields such as graphic design, architecture, and other disciplines requiring layout skills
– Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows (even if primary background is Macintosh)
– Experience with layout, design and image manipulation software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
– Experience with Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, and/or Google Sheets
– Quality conscious and trustworthy
– Must pay close attention to detail while working with a high level of independence
– Able to visually distinguish between similar shades of color such as Pantone shades
– Able to measure physical product dimensions to a thirty-second of an inch
– Good arithmetic with decimals and fractions when applied to design layouts
– Previous verifiable examples of success in academic projects, volunteer or employment situations
– Available in Keene for Summer 2018.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Electronic Imaging Materials has been in Keene for 30+ years, with second generation owners who have attended and taught classes at Keene State College, and we are located 10 minutes from the campus by vehicle. Several college students have advanced to additional positions at our company after the initial paid internship. Since we started in Keene, NH in 1987, our company has never had a layoff. Instead, we‘ve continued to hire, train, and develop our team to solve our customers’ toughest labeling challenges one by one, with recognition for customer satisfaction and community involvement. In 2017, our industry association awarded EIM the Best Managed Company of our size.
How to ApplyWe encourage applying now via the online application at https://eiminc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25 since interns are often selected in advance of the next academic term. After your application is reviewed, you may be invited to our facility for a brief introduction and assessment of relevant skills. Additional interviews, employment verification, pre-employment drug test, and reference checks may be scheduled later for qualified applicants.
10 total views, 1 today