College InternshipHispanic/Latino Outreach Internship
Based in Bedford, NH (opportunity to work remotely)
10 – 20 hours per week
Overview of Alzheimer’s Association
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Working with the Communications Department, and the Diversity Outreach Manager, the intern will help raise awareness about Alzheimer’s in Hispanic/Latino communities, as well as with media outlets, in the Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter region.
This will be accomplished in the following ways:
- Conduct research about local Hispanic/Latino groups and identify key contacts within each group
- Develop a database of these groups and ensure any previous contacts are up to date
- Conduct research about local Hispanic/Latino media outlets (radio, television and newspapers) and identify key contacts within each group.
- Develop a database of these outlets, including the key contact and how we submit news to each.
- Translating the following materials into Spanish:
- Education program marketing material
- Guides and resources for individuals and families
- Press releases and social media postings
- Assist the Communications department in social media postings and outreach to Spanish-speaking media outlets.
- Occasionally assist with staffing Alzheimer’s Association resource tables at events with Spanish speaking participants.
There may be an opportunity with the right candidate to coordinate & deliver Alzheimer’s educational programs in Spanish. Training will be provided.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English
• Familiarity with Hispanic/Latino culture
• Comfortable making phone calls
• Self-starter with ability to manage tasks independently with minimal supervision
• Outgoing, energetic personality
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs suite
• Public speaking skills/experience
• Public relations and social media experience
• Adobe Photoshop/InDesign
How to ApplyTo apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
8 total views, 1 today