Office and Facilities Layout Intern
Are you looking to expand your resume and gain valuable experience in architecture and business planning? Do you need a summer internship that offers flexible hours? If so, Electronic Imaging Materials has the opportunity for you. We’re offering an Office and Facilities Layout Paid Summer Internship.
Hours: as arranged, 15-20 hours per week during the summer
Additional hours possible, and possible academic credit if student arranges with college
(each numbered bullet below has a time estimate of 1-2 weeks)
0. Review existing sales space and offer suggestions for short-term improvements with approximate budget figures.
1. Chart the Relationships
– Interview managers and their designee(s)
– Identify activities, functions, and building features.
– Choose groupings for different levels of modification:
+ sales teams only.
+ sales, marketing, accounting
+ sales, marketing, accounting, digital printing, and converting
– create iterations of relationship chart based on above groupings.
2. Establish Space Requirements
– define space requirements for activity groupings across multiple forecast periods (1 yr, 3 yr, 5 yr, 10 yr)
3. Diagram Activity Relationships
– diagram pairs of activities on the basis of relationship ratings.
– create iterations of diagram based on activity groupings and time periods.
4. Arrange Space Relationships for each activity & forecast period
5. Evaluate Alternative Arrangements
– Visualize the most likely arrangements
– Establish specific objectives of the layout
– Weigh the various factors
– Rate each alternative arrangement
– Create an organized presentation of options at 1 yr, 3 yr, 5 yr, 10 yr
6. Present to managers and collect feedback on the preferred scenario(s)
7. Document preferred scenarios across time periods to incorporate into strategic plan
This position requires:
– Previous experience with layout software such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, Visio, Illustrator or similar
– own computer optional
– Analytical and organizational skill using Excel or other recordkeeping system
– Ability to thoughtfully interview several stakeholders with priorities that compete for resources
– Ability to present trade-offs of multiple alternatives
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Electronic Imaging Materials has been in Keene for 30+ years, with second generation owners who have attended and taught classes at Keene State College, and we are located 10 minutes from the campus by vehicle. Several college students have advanced to additional positions at our company after the initial paid internship. Since we started in Keene, NH in 1987, our company has never had a layoff. Instead, we‘ve continued to hire, train, and develop our team to solve our customers’ toughest labeling challenges one by one, with recognition for customer satisfaction and community involvement. In 2017, our industry association awarded EIM the Best Managed Company of our size.
How to ApplyWe hope you’ll consider applying and becoming the newest member of our Electronic Imaging Materials team. We encourage applying now via the online application at https://eiminc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=29 since interns are often selected in advance of the next academic term. After your application is reviewed, you may be invited to our facility for a brief introduction and assessment of relevant skills. Additional interviews, employment verification, pre-employment drug test, and reference checks may be scheduled later for qualified applicants.
10 total views, 1 today