Six nonprofit fairs scheduled throughout the state on May 3
Stay Work Play has partnered with young professionals networks throughout New Hampshire to host local nonprofit fairs for the third annual Stay Work Play Give event. The six events will be held on Wednesday, May 3, 2017.
Stay Work Play Give is similar to a traditional career fair, but instead of jobs, the goal is to connect nonprofits with college students and young professionals looking to become more civically involved in their local communities. Over 70 nonprofit organizations will be providing information about their mission and the various volunteer positions, committee and board member openings, events, and other opportunities that are available.
“Volunteering at a nonprofit directly impacts the organization you’re serving and is also a benefit to your professional and personal development. There’s an opportunity to learn new skills, meet like-minded individuals and participate in meaningful work,” says Kate Luczko, President and CEO of Stay Work Play NH. “Whether you’re a college student without prior volunteer experience or a 20 or 30 year old looking to expand your professional network, Stay Work Play Give is a great opportunity to learn more about nonprofits and the work being done in your local community.”
On May 3rd, join the six young professionals networks:
- Concord Young Professionals Network (CYPN) from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at The NHHEAF Organizations, 3 Barrell Court in Concord;
- iUGO Nashua from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at Martha’s Exchange, 185 Main Street (2nd floor) in Nashua;
- Keene Young Professionals Network (Keene YPN) from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at The Hive, 25 Roxbury Street in Keene;
- Manchester Young Professionals Network (MYPN) from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at SilverTech, 196 Bridge Street in Manchester;
- Sullivan County Young Professionals from 5:00 – 7:00 pm at The Common Man, 21 Water Street in Claremont, and the
- Upper Valley Young Professionals (UVYP) from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Auditoria A-D, 1 Medical Center Drive in Lebanon.
There is no cost to attend the events, though registration is requested. Event attendees will also have the opportunity to win various raffle items from organizations throughout NH. Sponsorship is generously provided by Grappone Automotive Group and Dartmouth-Hitchcock. The Common Man will provide refreshments at the six participating locations. The event is presented in partnership with the Business & Industry Association, NH Center for Nonprofits and the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation. For additional event details and registration, please visit stayworkplay.org/stayworkplaygive.
About Stay Work Play New Hampshire
Stay Work Play is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is “To work collaboratively across New Hampshire to support ongoing economic, workforce, and community development by promoting the state as a favorable place for young workers and recent college graduates to stay, work and play, when considering employment and lifestyle opportunities.” Additional information on the organization can be found on the website, www.stayworkplay.org or by contacting President and CEO, Kate Luczko, firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 860-2245.