Stay Work Play is accepting nominations for its ninth annual Rising Stars Awards. Each year, the nominations reveal the emerging young leaders and organizations making a positive impact in their communities, and helping to shape the future of New Hampshire.
An initiative of Stay Work Play in partnership with New Hampshire Public Radio (NHPR), the Rising Stars Awards celebrate and recognize New Hampshire’s remarkable young people and the businesses that go the extra mile to recruit and retain them.
“New for 2018 is the Intern of the Year Award,” said Stay Work Play’s Executive Director, Will Stewart. “This award will honor a young person in New Hampshire who has made an outstanding impact on a company during their time as an intern.”
The six other Rising Stars Awards categories include:
- Civic Leader of the Year, which honors a person who, through his or her volunteerism, philanthropy or community involvement, demonstrates a commitment to civic participation, strengthening the community, and developing personal leadership capacity to make New Hampshire a better place for future generations;
- College Student of the Year, which honors a New Hampshire college student between the ages of 18 and 24, who is an academic rising star and gives back to his or her community;
- Coolest Company for Young Professionals, which honors companies in New Hampshire that create environments, programs and workspaces to attract and retain young professionals;
- Life in the 603 Video of the Year, which honors the most creative and best video-based story of why an individual chooses to “stay, work , and play” in New Hampshire;
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, which honors a young entrepreneur who dedicates his or her time to starting and/or operating a new business, is making a positive contribution to the state’s economy and adds community vibrancy; and
- Young Professional of the Year, which honors an outstanding professional between the ages of 18 and 40 who works and lives in New Hampshire, who is a rising star in their industry and giving back to their community.
Scott Crowder, Co-Founder of Boxscore, and the 2017 Young Entrepreneur of the Year award recipient states, “Stay Work Play does an amazing job promoting and showcasing the Granite State all year long. The Rising Stars Awards is the night where they shine the spotlight on those who work hard day in and day out to make our state the great place it is. If you know someone who is following their passion and making an impact in New Hampshire, nominate them so they can be recognized and honored!”
Please visit stayworkplay.org/risingstarsawards for additional details and nomination materials. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, July 27, 2018. Judging panels for each category, established by Stay Work Play, will select winners. For the Coolest Company for Young Professionals, a panel of judges comprised of young professionals from across the state will select two award winners and four finalists. One of the four finalists will be selected as the “People’s Choice” winner through online public voting before the event and a live audience poll the evening of the event. Winners will be celebrated at the Rising Stars Awards celebratory event on Thursday, October 11, 2018 at the Currier Museum of Art in Manchester.
The 2018 Rising Stars Awards are generously sponsored by: Allegra Boverman Photography, Bellwether Community Credit Union, Celebrations Catering, Comcast, Currier Museum of Art, Elm Grove Companies, Grappone Automotive Group, Merchants Fleet Management, NH Charitable Foundation, Northeast Delta Dental and Stacey Brobst Photography.
About Stay Work Play: Stay Work Play is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is “To work collaboratively across New Hampshire to support ongoing economic, workforce, and community development by promoting the state as a favorable place for young workers and recent college graduates to stay, work and play, when considering employment and lifestyle opportunities.” Additional information on the organization can be found on the website, www.stayworkplay.org or by contacting Executive Director, Will Stewart, email@example.com or (603) 391-1379.
About New Hampshire Public Radio: Since 1981, NHPR has shaped the media landscape in the Granite State and beyond. Our mission is “Expanding minds, sparking connections, building stronger communities.” NHPR is broadcast from 14 different sites, making it by far New Hampshire’s largest (and only) statewide radio news service. Every week, NHPR is the choice of more than 177,000 listeners as a primary source of in-depth and intelligent news coverage, with thousands more viewing NHPR.org and NHPR social media sites. Each day, New Hampshire Public Radio delivers several hours of local news reported by its award-winning news team. Locally-produced programs include The Exchange, Word of Mouth, The Folk Show, Outside/In, Civics 101, and numerous podcasts. NHPR is the exclusive outlet for NPR News in the Granite State and broadcasts national weekly programs such as The Moth Radio Hour, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!, and This American Life.