The Rising Stars Awards are an initiative of Stay Work Play, in partnership with New Hampshire Public Radio, to celebrate and recognize New Hampshire’s remarkable young professionals, young entrepreneurs, and college students, initiatives to keep them here, and the businesses and programs that go the extra mile to recruit and retain them. Find the Rising Stars Awards on Facebook and Twitter.
Meet our 2016 Rising Stars Awards winners!
Save the date for the 8th annual Rising Stars Awards on Monday, October 2nd!
All proceeds from the event benefit the mission of Stay Work Play.
HUGE thanks to our 2016 sponsors!
There are seven award categories:
1. NEW for 2016 – ‘Shire Story of the Year Award should be a ≤ 90 second video that demonstrates why you choose to “stay, work, and play” in New Hampshire. Simple! Whether you are originally from NH and have stayed, you left and have “boomeranged” back, or you are a transplant to the Granite State from somewhere else.
2. The Civic Leader of the Year Award, honors an individual who, through their volunteerism, philanthropy, and/or community involvement demonstrates a commitment to civic participation, strengthening their community, and developing personal leadership capacity to make New Hampshire a better place for future generations.
- View past Civic Leader of the Year Award Winners!
3. The College Student of the Year Award, honors a NH college student who is an academic rising star and is giving back to the community.
4. The Coolest Companies for Young Professionals Award honors companies in New Hampshire that create environments to attract and retain young workers (specifically ages 40 and under).
5. The Leadership Development Program of the Year Award honors an innovative program initiated and conducted by a NH organization. The program must be aimed at a young audience in NH that helps those young people propel their personal and professional growth.
6. The Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award honors a young entrepreneur in NH who has “looked outside the box,” is helping shape the future of our state through their entrepreneurial venture, and is between the ages of 18 and 40.
- View past Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winners!
7. The Young Professional of the Year Award honors an outstanding professional working and living in NH, between the ages of 18 and 40 who is a rising star in their industry and giving back to their community.
- View past Young Professional of the Year Award Winners!
Former Award: The Stay Work Play Leadership Award honored an individual or organization in NH that demonstrates dedicated support for efforts that enhance the recruitment and retention of young workers in the state. This award was designed to recognize ideas that have been put in place within an organization (association, company, nonprofit, etc). The idea(s) have a direct and positive impact on younger workers in NH, create an incentive for them to remain here, create greater awareness of what living in NH can mean to them in terms of quality of life or opportunities, and demonstrate innovation and leadership.
- View past Stay Work Play Leadership Award Winners!