This week I spoke with Matt Gelinas of Barrington, New Hampshire. Matt combines his love for music and people to make New Hampshire a better place!
After college, Matt decided to stay in New Hampshire because of the seasons and all the activities the state has to offer. In his free time he enjoys golfing, boating, fishing, going to the beach, hiking, and skiing!
Matt also loves dining out at his favorite restaurants such as Dante’s Pasta and Vino in Barrington, Christopher’s Third Street Grill in Dover, and the River House in Portsmouth just to name a few! Many other of his favorite restaurants are mentioned below where he loves to play gigs!
Years ago, Matt realized that he could use his love of music to help others. He has volunteered hundreds of hours to play charity benefits for numerous local causes. Since the pandemic, Matt has been giving back to the local restaurants where they have played. Each week in his basement he puts on virtual concerts with money benefiting those in need.
Matt’s first virtual show took place in early April, he was able to raise over $3,000 for furloughed employees at Kozy’s Pizza in Barrington, NH, now he has made it a Friday night event! His shows have helped employees at Lilac City Grille, in Rochester, Granite Steak & Grill, he recently played a benefit concert for a close friend living with cancer.
Five facts you should know about Matt:
- Matt has raised well over $30,000 since the pandemic began by bringing music, a sense of community and joy to his local area.
- Matt has been recognized recently by the Fosters Daily Democrat, WMUR, and NH Chronicle for his amazing contributions.
- Matt has developed a big following of fans creating a social network community. You can follow Matt on Facebook “Matt Gelinas Music” (@mattgelinasmusic), or – www.mattgelinasmusic.com.
- Matt has recorded videos on his social media pages, so you can enjoy his music anytime.
- Through this Pandemic, Matt has really realized that you can give back no matter who you are, and music is an amazing tool to bring people together.
When I asked Matt what would be a piece of advice to young professionals he said,
Be the best person you can be, and the rest will fall into place. It’s not my music that is great, it’s the type of people who follow me and support me. By being the best person I can be, I have surrounded myself with the absolute best people, followers, and fans out there – and those are the people who will REALLY help make a difference in this world.
Money is numbers, and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.
– Bob Marley –
There are so many wonderful people and agencies making a difference in our own backyards!