Nothing to do on a Friday night? Concord is holding the annual Halloween Howl tonight (Friday 10/24) on Main Street. Halloween Howl is presented by Intown Concord, which also brings many other wonderful events to Concord. This event is fun for all ages! Main Street is closed from 4:00 until 8:30. We go every year with our kids, and even before we had children my husband and I would go to grab dinner and drinks and listen to the local bands playing. Some of the events include:
- Trick or Treating at the businesses downtown from 5:30 until 7:30 (or when the candy is gone!)
- Horse-drawn wagon rides which are free courtesy of Granite State Candy Shoppe
- DJ Nazzy and Mya from WJYY will be playing music on City Plaza for the costume parade that begins at 6:00
- Pat and the Hats will be playing in Bicentennial Square at 7:00 and they are being sponsored by True Brew Barista
- The YMCA will be holding a Haunted House in the Child Development Center which is right behind the YMCA’s main building
- Red River Theatres will be screening the 1922 silent film Nosferatu with live music at 7:00 ($10), and the cult classic Rocky Horror Picture Show will be shown at 9:30 ($15)
- Pumpkin Carving Contest at the Concord Food Co-op, the judging begins at 5:30
Many more events and activities will be going on and I highly recommend that you come to Concord for the fun!
You can always come visit me (I’ll be working L) at Margaritas on Warren Street! Concord Margaritas is located in the old Concord Police Station and you can eat dinner in one of the old jail cells! How spooky is that?