Okay, birthday parties for kids have gotten a little out of control. Blake’s birthday isn’t until March and he’s already talking about his. He makes requests about where he’d like to have it, who should come, and what toys he thinks he wants. I calmly reply that “we don’t talk about your birthday until March.” I can understand his brain though; he goes to other kids parties so naturally he’s planning for his own. So far I’ve squashed the conversation, but then it gets me thinking….what kind of cool things could we do for his birthday?! (He does get his neurosis from me, so of course I’m thinking about it too!) I don’t want to spend a lot of money, he’ll be five, and it’s in March so it’s still cold outside. Here is a list of some of the places who host parties in our area, but I’d love to hear other ideas if you have them!
- Krazy Kids, Pembroke, Indoor Activity Center. $245-$295
- Boutwells Bowling, Concord, Bowling. $110-$200
- Granite State Gymnastics, Bow or Hooksett. $225-$350
- Evolution Rock and Fitness, Rock Climbing Gym, Concord. $250-$400
- Villari’s Karate, Concord. $150
- Comfort Inn, Swimming in the Pool, Concord. $150
Where have you taken your kids? What was your favorite birthday party you had growing up? Any fun themes you’ve just had at your house?!