1. Corn Mazes
A great way to kick off the fall season is to get lost in a corn maze. It is a great family-friendly fun activity for people of all ages to enjoy on a crisp autumn afternoon. The state of NH is home to many mazes to visit, including Sherman Farm in East Conway and Coppal House Farm in Lee.
2. Pick Your Own
Apple picking is a fall staple for many, and spending time picking New Hampshire produce gives you the opportunity to stay active and support local farmers while enjoying delicious fresh fruit.
- Cheshire County: Alyson’s Orchard (Walpole)
- Sullivan County: Riverview Farm (Plainfield)
- Carroll County: Sherman Farm Market (Conway)
- Coos County: North Country Orchard (Whitefield)
- Grafton County: Cardigan Mountain Orchard (Alexandria)
- Belknap County: Moulton Farm (Meredith)
- Merrimack County: Gould Hill Farm (Hopkinton)
- Rockingham County: Applecrest Farm Orchards (Hampton Falls)
- Strafford County: Berrybogg Farm (Strafford)
- Hillsborough County: Washburn’s Windy Hill Orchard (Greenville)
3. Scenic Train Rides
If you’re looking to sit back, relax, and take in the breathtaking foliage views, take a ride on one of New Hampshire’s many scenic and historic trains for a day filled with stunning scenery and adventure. The infamous Mount Washington Cog Railway in Bretton Woods is a favorite for many as well as the White Mountain Central Railroad in Lincoln and the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad in Meredith.