College InternshipFall 2019 Client Relations Intern – Manchester, NH
The International Institute of New England is a 501(c)(3) non-profit serving refugees and immigrants in Boston, MA, Lowell, MA, and Manchester, NH. The Institute offers internships to students, graduate students, and recent graduates with demonstrated interest or experience in supporting refugee, asylee, and immigrant populations. Each internship includes an educational component, through which interns contextualize their experience and reflect on their service. Interns can also expect to spend some time each week supporting their office’s front desk, assisting the Office Manager and learning to better navigate the services at the Institute.
All internships are unpaid and correspond roughly with the US semester system:
Spring Internship: January 7, 2019 – April 26, 2019 (Applications requested by December 1)
Summer Internship: May 13, 2019 – August 23, 2019 (Applications requested by April 8)
Fall Internship: September 9, 2019 – December 20, 2019 (Applications requested by August 5)
First consideration is given to applicants that can commit at least 12 hours (IINE-Lowell or IINE-Manchester internships) or 16 hours (IINE-Boston internships) over the course of one of the semesters outlined above. Applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of whether their schedule fits the semester system; IINE makes exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Slots fill quickly and candidates are encouraged to apply earlier than the requested date above.
Client Relations Internship Overview
The Client Relations Intern supports the Manchester site’s Office Manager and Community Relations Manager by helping to identify client needs and direct them to appropriate IINE services, connecting clients with external community services and resources, organizing in-kind donations and deliveries, and researching and reporting on systems and processes that work well for organizations serving IINE’s client base.
Reports to: Office Manager
Location: Manchester, NH
• Assist the Office Manager to greet and assist students, clients, and other visitors arriving at the office
• Review and identify clothing, goods, and food needs of students and clients
• Assist the Community Relations Manager with in-kind good operations; including organizing the in-kind goods and new deliveries, helping clients choose and select items, and recording donations entering/leaving storage
• Analyze and report on best practices or gaps in services
• Assist in identifying office safety practices and make recommendations on systems and policies worth adopting
• Assist the Office Manager and Community Services Manager with other projects as identified
• Interest in international, refugee, asylee, and/or immigrant issues
• Candidates with extensive knowledge of local community and companies highly desirable
• Ability to work respectfully in a multicultural environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized with great attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and to switch gears quickly
• Professionalism, discretion, and maturity in dealing with confidential information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Develop a professional voice and gain valuable experience interfacing with public officials, companies, and organizations
• Perfect research skills and apply them in the context of fundraising and relationship management
• Recognize what it takes to grow, develop, and sustain a fundraising operation at a service oriented non-profit
• Identify and access community resources and services, particularly those responsive to the needs of refugees and immigrants.
• Understand the immigrant integration work and the US Refugee Resettlement program, as well as what part VOLAGs and resettlement agencies like the International Institute of New England play in receiving and integrating refugees.
• Respectfully express and engage ideas and values in a multicultural, multilingual environment
How to ApplyPlease apply using the link below. As part of your application you will be asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for at least 3 references.https://iine.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/4b54c704-645a-dc09-f239-0f49c1679e5d/apply?source=987289-CS-32361For more information, including a full list of our internships, please visit the International Institute of New England’s website at iine.org/careers. Any questions should be directed to the Institute’s Internship Program at firstname.lastname@example.org
20 total views, 1 today