College InternshipCommunity Service Learning Opportunities facilitator
The Upper Room, a Family Resource Center
36 Tsienneto Road Derry, NH 03038
Community Service Learning Opportunity, URParents Support – Undergraduate Internship
Department: Greater Derry Juvenile Diversion
5.5 hours per week Summer semester 2019 May-August.
Position Overview –
Undergraduate internship for current student majoring in Human Services, criminal justice or related field: Assist with supervision of youth ages 13-18 with community service projects on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-6:30pm
Assist the GDJD staff in planning, administrative and clerical responsibilities
Participate in the URParents – weekly support group for parents of teenagers – assistant co-facilitator – every Thursday evening 6:30 – 7:30 In July, will change to 6pm-7pm.
Essential Job Functions
• Supervise and assist youth with community service projects.
• Model appropriate behavior and interactions with others
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to assist in group facilitation
• Strong team player
• Genuine interest in the adolescent population and families dynamics
Minimum Requirements Background Check required.
• Ability to work with youth and parents
• Must be over 18 years of age.
• Energetic with an upbeat attitude.
• Must be able to do physical activity.
• Must have own transportation.
• Must follow dress code
• Complete application.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Intern may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization or internship requirements.
How to ApplySend an email of interest to email@example.com detailing your course of study and why you would like to do this internship. If you do not genuinely like teenagers, this may not be a good fit for you. This is a unique internship, offering hands-on training and role modeling opportunities as well as learning new skills.
7 total views, 1 today