High School Internship Dartmouth-Hitchcock Summer High School Internship Program
Internship sites will be available in a variety of operational, research, administrative and clinical tracks.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) internship programs combine work, professional development, mentoring, and shadowing into a robust learning experience. It is our goal to spark a lasting interest in the many opportunities available in the healthcare industry while also offering you the opportunity to practice important workplace skills.
The D-H Summer Internship Program for high school students provides an opportunity to explore these questions first-hand, better preparing you to make choices about life after high school.
Specific internship site placement decisions are based on a combination of your area of interest, any required skills, and site opportunities available. We work hard to create great matches so that our interns and site hosts have a wonderful experience. In addition, as part of a cohort, you will participate in a series of workshops for personal and professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
Successful candidates are:
• Curious and want to learn as much as possible from this experience
• Flexible and able to navigate change
• Ready to work hard
• Looking forward to being part of a cohort and working with your fellow interns to build career-ready skills
• Excited to roll up your sleeves, ask questions, look for opportunities to contribute to a team, and experience a professional working environment
• Motivated by helping others – whether you are interested in direct patient care or the administrative and operational business of a hospital, we all share the mission of taking care of patients
This is a paid program that requires a 6 week full-time commitment.
• At least 16 years old by the first day of the internship (June 28, 2021)
• Availability to commit to the full 6 week program
• You must arrange your own housing and transportation
• Eligible for employment in the United States
• Successfully complete the D-H pre-employment screening process including criminal background check and drug screen
Learn more and apply to the 2021 High School Summer Internship Program at our website https://dhwri.org/internship-programs/. Your application packet must include:
• Online Application form: https://dhwri.org/internship-programs/
• Personal Statement/Cover Letter describing your interest
• Two (2) Letters of Reference from teachers or someone you have worked with/for professionally
Applications are due by 11:59PM on April 5, 2021. Only complete applications will be considered.
How to ApplyLearn more and apply to the 2021 High School Summer Internship Program at our website https://dhwri.org/internship-programs/
50 total views, 1 today