College Internship Dartmouth-Hitchcock Summer Undergraduate Internship Program
Internship sites will be available in a variety of operational, research, administrative and clinical tracks.
Are you interested in learning about the healthcare industry, while gaining valuable work experience, and benefiting from bringing the academic study to practice? If so, join the Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) Paid Summer Internship Program for undergraduate students.
The D-H internship programs combine work, professional development, mentoring, and shadowing into a robust learning experience. It is our goal to spark a lasting interest in the many opportunities available in the healthcare industry while also offering you the opportunity to practice important workplace skills.
Specific internship site placement decisions are based on a combination of your area of interest, any required skills, and site opportunities available. We work hard to create great matches so that our interns and site hosts have a wonderful experience.
In addition to the experience you will gain with your host site, the internship programs are supported by a professional development curriculum to help you develop the critical competencies of communication, teamwork, problem solving, self-development, empathy, work ethic and initiative. Growing in these important workplace professional competencies will help you stand out as a meaningful contributor wherever your future career takes you. This curriculum involves a combination of workshops, assignments, shadowing opportunities, connections to mentors and guest speakers.
Successful candidates are:
• Curious and want to learn as much as possible from this experience
• Flexible and able to navigate change
• Ready to work hard
• Looking forward to being part of a cohort and working with your fellow interns to build career-ready skills
• Excited to roll up your sleeves, ask questions, look for opportunities to contribute to a team, and experience a professional working environment
• Motivated by helping others – whether you are interested in direct patient care or the administrative and operational business of a hospital, we all share the mission of taking care of patients
• High School Diploma
• Must have completed one full year of undergraduate study
• At least 16 years old by the first day of the internship (June 1, 2021)
• Availability to commit to the full 10 week program
• You must arrange your own housing and transportation
• This is a paid program that requires a 10 week full-time commitment
• Eligible for employment in the United States
• Successfully complete the D-H pre-employment screening process including criminal background check and drug screen
Learn more and apply to the 2021 College Summer Internship Program at our website https://dhwri.org/internship-programs/. Your application packet must include:
• Online Application form: https://dhwri.org/internship-programs/
• Personal Statement/Cover Letter describing your interest
• Two (2) Letters of Reference from teachers or someone you have worked with/for professionally
Applications are due by 11:59PM on February 28, 2021. Only complete applications will be considered.
How to ApplyLearn more and apply to the 2021 College Summer Internship Program at our website https://dhwri.org/internship-programs/
54 total views, 2 today