College Internship Environmental Camp Leader
Environmental Leaders guide our Adventure Ecology Programs for campers in grades 3-12 as part of the Junior Squam Lakes Association (JSLA) Adventure Ecology Programs focus on nature, ecological research, recreational skills, and teambuilding activities. Environmental Camp Leaders develop, plan, and implement fun age-appropriate nature-based activities, including hiking, backpacking, canoeing and kayaking, nature games and crafts. Environmental Camp Leaders supervise the health and safety of campers and must have a strong sense of safety. Must be able to provide leadership for campers and Leaders in Training (LIT). Each session includes one to three off-site campouts on Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday nights.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old with a clean driving record
- Have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or environmental education
- Working toward a bachelor’s in environmental studies, biology, education or related field
- Must have previous experience working with and enjoy being with children
- Experience creating fun environmental education learning opportunities
- Experience in outdoor recreation activities (canoeing, kayaking, hiking, rock climbing, backpacking) encompassing strong safety ethic
- Current certification in Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid or an equivalent current certification is REQUIRED
- Pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) & Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) is REQUIRED
- Must be available for duration of program (6/8/2020-8/10/2020)
Season begins with staff training on June 8, 2020 and ends on August 10, 2020.
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m with weekly overnights on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Some weekend days are required for all SLA staff.
How to ApplyFollow this link to apply: https://www.squamlakes.org/2020-sla-summer-youth-program-staff-application
554 total views, 1 today