College InternshipMultimedia Communications Intern
Position Details: 10-15 hours/week unpaid (applicable for course credit)
The Organization for Refugee and Immigrant Success (ORIS) is seeking a Multimedia Communications Intern to assist in the development of ORIS’ website, newsletter, social media marketing, photography, video, and other multimedia projects. The Intern should have an aptitude for digital and print marketing, visual design, and an interest in using social and multimedia communications to advance immigrant causes, food justice, and women’s rights.
Over the course of this summer internship, the Multimedia Communications Intern will have an opportunity to gain professional experience by directly supporting vital programming for refugee and immigrant communities in NH. This person will produce original content and material that will engage and expand ORIS’ audience and increase ORIS’ online impact and effectiveness.
• Re-design ORIS’ and Fresh Start Farms NH websites
• Organize and maintain ORIS’ digital photo and video library
• Design and create ORIS print and digital outreach materials for the New American Sustainable Agriculture Mobile Market
• Design and create t-shirts that promote the welcoming of immigrants to NH
• Develop and execute a long-term strategy to produce multimedia content
• Write content and create graphics for ORIS’ social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, to support advocacy and fundraising campaigns
• Design and send quarterly newsletter
• Optional depending on intern’s time availability:
o Take photographs of ORIS’ work throughout New Hampshire to help tell the ORIS story
o Create short videos – including storyboarding, filming, and editing – about ORIS staff, initiatives, and campaigns
o Take headshots and other types of photos of staff and other partners as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Major in design, communications, marketing, journalism or related field
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), Microsoft Office
• Experience with digital photography, as well as video and audio editing
• Variety of photography experience and ability to conceptualize visual stories
• Creative and outside-the-box thinker
• Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and fast-paced, interactive environment
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel on your own to the ORIS office in Manchester, New Hampshire as well as other locations where ORIS conducts work as appropriate to create original video and photographic content (travel expenses to be reimbursed)
Physical Requirements: Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
• sit at a computer station for extended periods of time
• ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
• ability to walk short distances and transport self to outside appointments
Supervision Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Program Director.
About ORIS: The Organization for Refugee and Immigrant Success (ORIS) is an ethnic, community-based organization. Our mission is to aid in the resettlement of refugee and immigrant groups in the state of New Hampshire by providing assistance, training, resources, and opportunities that promote self-sufficiency. Our experienced, multinational, multilingual staff team offers a wide range of programs, including: food security, market-based agriculture, bridging case management, cultural orientation, and youth enrichment.
How to ApplyInterested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. ORIS is an equal opportunity employer.
19 total views, 1 today