Clinical Nurse Assistant Training Program
Do you enjoy helping people, learning, and working with a team? Are you interested in starting a career in nursing? Let us help you! Dartmouth-Hitchcock has partnered with River Valley Community College to offer Nurse Assistant Training in Lebanon, NH. You will learn entry level nursing skills, how to be a valuable and adaptable employee, communication, how to care for people and be empathetic, along with teamwork and diversity skills for the workplace.
Up to eight (8) individuals will be selected to participate in each session. The training program is taught using a combination of classroom instruction and clinical training. If selected, there is no cost to participate in the training. Upon completion of the program and obtaining your Nurse Assistant license, you will be offered a full-time Licensed Nurse Assistant position at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Interested candidates should register online to attend the required virtual information session on one of the following dates: July 9th or July 13th. The orientation will provide an overview of the program and an opportunity for candidates to ask questions.
Register Now: https://dhwri.org/nurse-assistant-training-program/
The Role of a Licensed Nurse Assistant:
Licensed Nurse Assistants (LNAs) are the heart of medicine, a compassionate touch, and foundation of the care teams that provide care to our patients. The role of an LNA is fast-paced and interesting with patient safety guiding every interaction. LNAs work under the guidance of registered nurses and other medical workers. Much of an LNAs work is spent directly with patients.
- Obtain and record patient vital signs, temperature, pulse, height, weight and blood pressure, intakes and outputs;
- Document in patient’s electronic medical record;
- Assists the RN – tasks delegated by their direct care RN;
- Assist other LNAs with designated assignments;
- Assist with discharges/admissions;
- Keeps room/unit clean;
- Provide exceptional patient experience and care
Summer 2020 Program Timeline*:
- Virtual Program Information Session: July 9th (1:30pm-2:30pm) or July 13th (6:00pm-7:00pm);
- Virtual Interviews: July 14th & July 15th;
- Program Enrollment: TBD;
- D-H Pre-employment screening: July 20th-July 31st;
- D-H General Orientation: TBD;
- Classroom/Skills Training/Clinical Training: August 10th-September 14th;
- Job Shadowing Date: September 4th;
- NH State Competency Exam: September 15th;
- Anticipated Start Date: October 5th
*Dates/times subject to change
How to ApplyVisit https://dhwri.org/nurse-assistant-training-program/ to register for one of the required virtual information session either on July 9th or 13th.
99 total views, 2 today