High School InternshipProuty Intern
Seeking mature and responsible high school or college students for temporary employment as 2019 Prouty Interns. Applicants 16 years or older are desired. The successful candidate will have basic data entry/computer skills and the ability to learn the basics of Luminate Team Raiser, a web-based data entry system. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential. Candidates must have and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and the ability to answer phones and emails in a professional manner. He/she must have the ability to learn general office tasks (e.g., filing, sign-making, inventory). In addition, Prouty Interns must adhere to office dress code and protocols. Candidates must also have a commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community. For the two Head “Senior” Intern position(s), previous Prouty Intern experience or equivalent education, experience, and skill is required.
1. The primary work site includes Norris Cotton Cancer Center at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (“DHMC”) in Lebanon, NH and secondary sites are located within the Upper Valley (e.g., Richmond Middle School in Hanover and the Hanover Storage Facility in Etna), all of these areas are non-smoking facilities.
2. Proper business attire is required when on the DHMC premises.
3. Interns are expected to have their own transportation to and from any work location that they are assigned.
4. Candidates under the age of 18 must meet all legal employment policies for minors per New Hampshire Law (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~hrs/pdfs/Employment_of_Minors.pdf) and provide all required documentation.
5. Position commitment is approximately from the end of May through the middle of August. Some adjustment may be needed to accommodate school or college academic calendars.
6. Flexibility in the work schedule is essential. Most work days are about 5 hours in duration although there may be some extended hours into the evening or weekends.
High School or College student
Must possess basic data entry/computer skills.
Attention to detail and accuracy essential
Ability to learn basics of Luminate Team Raiser, a web-based data entry system.
Ability to learn general office tasks (e.g., filing, sign-making, inventory).
Must possess and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to answer phones and emails in a professional manner.
Must be able to adhere to office dress code, and protocols/procedures.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Interns are expected to have their own transportation to and from any work location that they are assigned.
Candidates under the age of 18 must meet all legal employment policies for minors per New Hampshire Law (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~hrs/pdfs/Employment_of_Minors.pdf
For the two Head-Intern “Senior” Intern positions, must have previous Prouty Intern experience or equivalent in education, work experience and skill.
Applicants 16 years of age or older preferred.
A valid driver’s license and own transportation preferred.
How to ApplySubmit an application to Dartmouth Colleges Career Page
9 total views, 1 today