Post Grad Internship Winnipesaukee Blue Crew
The Lake Winnipesaukee Association is seeking two half-time (22.5 weeks) Lakes Region Conservation Corps members to provide technical assistance to residents, businesses, communities, and organizations located in the Lakes Region in order to increase awareness, prevention, and remediation of nonpoint source pollution. The Lakes Region Conservation Corps – Lake Winnipesaukee Association Program runs from May 20 through October 24, 2020.
Location: Gilford, NH; however, position requires travel throughout the Winnipesaukee watershed.
Winnipesaukee Blue Crew:
LWA AmeriCorps members will expand and build on lake protection programs in three main areas: water quality monitoring, education and outreach, and lake management and implementation activities. The Winnipesaukee Blue Crew will support and implement conservation activities in the Winnipesaukee watershed, including, but not limited to:
• ‘Keep Winni Clean – Put a Sock in it!’ Continue working with local marinas and boat owners to promote the use of bilge socks or pads to reduce oil and gas from contaminating the lake.
• Coordination and facilitation of our lake monitoring program including expansion of cyanobacteria monitoring.
• Winnipesaukee Blue Program – education and outreach activities targeted to residents and businesses throughout the watershed. Activities include conducting residential property assessments and providing homeowners with recommendations for lake-friendly living practices to keep Winnipesaukee Blue.
• Implementation of Best Management Practices – assist communities and residents with mitigation of identified problem sites around Lake Winnipesaukee.
• Assist with LWA activities, events, and programs.
• Must be 18 years of age by May 20, 2020
• Must be covered by health insurance for duration of program
• Must be a US citizen, US national, or legal permanent resident
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Able to work independently and as a team member.
• Computer literate to include spreadsheets, databases, power point, and social marketing.
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Applicant must provide own transportation.
• Certificate of auto insurance to be provided upon hiring.
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be a competent swimmer
• Must be comfortable with being on the water and willing to obtain NH Commercial Boater’s license.
Other Appropriate Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of lake ecology and water quality issues
• Ability to speak effectively in public.
• Public relations skills used in community outreach programs.
• Ability to facilitate between various groups and organizations
May 20, 2020 through October 24, 2020. This is a 22.5 week AmeriCorps program, the duration of the program is dependent on the completion of service hours. Members must complete 900 hours over the course of the program in order to receive the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
• Wilderness First Aid & CPR certifications
• Water Quality Monitoring training
• Weed Watcher training
• New Hampshire Safe Boating certification
• NH Commercial boating license
• Living allowance: $225 weekly, distributed biweekly
• Housing stipend of $500 per month (before taxes) if free housing is not provided.
• Mileage reimbursement at the Federal reimbursement rate
• Student loan forbearance for qualifying loans
• AmeriCorps Education Award of $3,047.50 received upon successful completion of a minimum of 900 hours
LWA Site Supervisor for LRCC-LWA:
Pat Tarpey, LWA Executive Director, email@example.com, 603-581-6632
How to ApplyAll applicants must apply online through the program website at https://www.lakesregionconservationcorps.org/. Select the Lake Winnipesaukee Association as your first host site choice. For a complete position description, visit. www.winnipesaukee.org.
130 total views, 4 today