Stay Work Play is now accepting nominations for its 10th annual Rising Stars Awards.
An initiative of Stay Work Play, in partnership with New Hampshire Public Radio, the Rising Stars Awards celebrate and recognize New Hampshire’s remarkable young people and the businesses that go the extra mile to recruit and retain them.
New to the award mix this year is the High School Student of the Year Award.
“After learning about the incredible young people making a difference in their high schools, we thought it would be a great opportunity to recognize the work of these students,” said Stay Work Play Executive Director Will Stewart. “This award will honor a remarkable high school student in New Hampshire who is making an impact in their community, actively engaged in their extracurriculars, and excels in the classroom.”
The six other Rising Stars Awards categories include:
- Civic Leader of the Year, which honors a person who, through his or her volunteerism, philanthropy or community involvement, demonstrates a commitment to civic participation, strengthening the community, and developing personal leadership capacity to make New Hampshire a better place for future generations;
- College Student of the Year, which honors a New Hampshire college student between the ages of 18 and 24, who is an academic rising star and gives back to his or her community;
- Coolest Company for Young Professionals, which honors companies in New Hampshire that create environments, programs and workspaces to attract and retain young professionals;
- Intern of the Year, which honors a young person in New Hampshire who has made an outstanding impact on a company during their time as an intern;
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, which honors a young entrepreneur who dedicates his or her time to starting and/or operating a new business, is making a positive contribution to the state’s economy and adds community vibrancy; and
- Young Professional of the Year, which honors an outstanding professional between the ages of 18 and 40 who works and lives in New Hampshire, who is a rising star in their industry, and giving back to their community.
In celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Rising Stars Awards program and the notable contributions of its attendees, all past award recipients and 2019 nominees will be invited to attend the Rising Stars Mixer in August. The six finalists for the Coolest Companies for Young Professionals will be announced at this time. To nominate an individual or company, please visit stayworkplay.org/risingstarsawards for additional details and nomination materials. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, July 19, 2019.
Judging panels for each category, established by Stay Work Play, will select winners for the seven award categories. For the Coolest Company for Young Professionals, a panel of judges comprised of young professionals from across the state will determine two award winners and four finalists. One of the four finalists will be selected as the “People’s Choice” winner through online public voting before the event and a live audience poll the evening of the event.
Winners will be celebrated at the Rising Stars Awards celebratory event on Thursday, October 17, 2019, at the Currier Museum of Art in Manchester.
About Stay Work Play: Stay Work Play is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is “to attract and retain more young people in New Hampshire.” Learn more at stayworkplay.org.
About New Hampshire Public Radio: Since 1981, New Hampshire Public Radio has shaped the media landscape in the Granite State and beyond. Our mission is “Expanding minds, sparking connections, building stronger communities.” NHPR is broadcast from 14 different sites, making it by far New Hampshire’s largest (and only) statewide radio news service. Every week, NHPR is the choice of 170,000 listeners as a primary source of in-depth and intelligent news coverage, with thousands more viewing NHPR.org, following our social media sites or listening to our podcasts. Each day, New Hampshire Public Radio delivers several hours of local news reported by its award-winning news team. Locally produced programs and podcasts include The Exchange, Word of Mouth, The Folk Show, Outside/In, and Civics 101, among others. NHPR is the exclusive outlet for NPR News in the Granite State and broadcasts national weekly programs such as The Moth Radio Hour, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!, and This American Life.