Aiming to connect, inform, and inspire the young people who want to make New Hampshire — or their corner of it — a better place, Stay Work Play will host NH Next: A Summit for Young Changemakers the afternoon of Thursday, April 18, at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College in Manchester.
At this half-day summit attendees aged 18-40 will hear from, and engage with, other compelling young people who have made an impact in New Hampshire in the arts, social justice, refugee integration, business, politics, and more. Congressman Chris Pappas, one of the youngest members of Congress, will deliver the summit’s keynote address.
Other speakers and panelists include:
- New American Africans Board Chair Victoria Adewumi of Hooksett
- Global Awareness Local Action (G.A.L.A.) Executive Director Josh Arnold of Ossipee
- Nashua State Representative Manny Espitia
- Keene City Councilor George Hansel
- Nashua Alderwoman Shoshanna Kelly
- Portsmouth City Councilor Rebecca Perkins Kwoka
- Concord Handmade owner and Pride Concord organizer Alison Murphy of Concord
- Teatotaller Teahouse proprietor Emmett Soldati of Somersworth
“Young people want to make a difference and they can do that in New Hampshire more easily than in many other places,” said Stay Work Play Executive Director Will Stewart. “The ability to make an impact is a major advantage our state has and we want to showcase how young people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives have been able to create positive change here in the Granite State.”
NH Next is also about helping connect young people not just to each other, but also to nonprofits and other community organizations, to their cities and towns, and ultimately to New Hampshire itself.
“When young people are connected in these ways, they are invested in where they are and, as a consequence, are more likely to stay there for the long haul. And this is the ultimate goal of Stay Work Play,” Stewart said.
About Stay Work Play
Stay Work Play is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is “to attract and retain more young people in New Hampshire.” Learn more at stayworkplay.org.