An initiative of Stay Work Play, in partnership with New Hampshire Public Radio, the Rising Stars Awards celebrate and recognize New Hampshire’s remarkable young people (40 and under) and the businesses that go the extra mile to recruit and retain them.
Nominations for the Rising Stars Awards are open until Friday, July 16th!
Save-the-date for the 12th annual Rising Stars Awards on Thursday, October 21 at the Currier Museum of Art in Manchester.
All proceeds of the event benefit the mission of Stay Work Play. Find more information about supporting the event here or email Will Stewart for more details.
Thank you to our 2021 sponsors for their support!
Eight award categories:
1. The Civic Leader of the Year Award honors an individual who, through their volunteerism, philanthropy, and/or community involvement demonstrates a commitment to civic participation, strengthening their community, and developing personal leadership capacity to make NH a better place for future generations. View past Civic Leader of the Year Award Winners.Nominate a Civic Leader
2. The College Student of the Year Award honors a NH college student who is an academic rising star and is giving back to the community. View past College Student of the Year Award Winners.Nominate a College Student
3. The Coolest Employer for Young People Award (previously known as Coolest Company for Young Professionals) honors a NH company (nonprofit and for profit) in NH that creates an environment to attract and retain young workers (specifically ages 40 and under). View past Coolest Employers for Young People Award Winners.Nominate a Cool Employer for Young People
4. The COVID-19 Crusader Award honors a dedicated and brave young essential and/or frontline worker, 40 years of age or younger, that impacted their community during the COVID-19 pandemic.Nominate a COVID-19 Crusader
5. The High School Student of the Year Award honors a remarkable high school student in NH, between the ages of 13 and 18. View past High School Student of the Year Award Winners.Nominate a High School Student
6. The Intern of the Year Award honors a young person in NH who has made an outstanding impact on a company during their time as an intern. View past Intern of the Year Award Winners.Nominate an Intern
7. The Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award honors a young entrepreneur in NH who has “looked outside the box,” is helping shape the future of our state through their entrepreneurial venture, and is 40 years of age or younger. View past Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winners.Nominate a Young Entrepreneur
8. The Young Person of the Year Award (previously known as Young Professional of the Year) honors an outstanding professional working and living in NH, 40 years of age or younger, who is a rising star in their industry and giving back to their community. View past Young Person of the Year Award Winners.Nominate a Young Person
- The Leadership Development Program of the Year Award honored an innovative program initiated and conducted by a NH organization. This award recognized a program aimed at a young audience in NH that helps those young people propel their personal and professional growth. View past Leadership Development Program of the Year Award Winners.
- The Life in the 603 Video of the Year Award was awarded for a video submission that demonstrated why an individual chose to “stay, work, and play” in NH. View the 2018 and past Life in the 603 Video of the Year Award Winners.
- The Stay Work Play Leadership Award honored an individual or organization in NH that demonstrates dedicated support for efforts that enhance the recruitment and retention of young workers in the state. This award was designed to recognize ideas that have been put in place within an organization (association, company, nonprofit, etc). The idea(s) have a direct and positive impact on younger workers in NH, create an incentive for them to remain here, create greater awareness of what living in NH can mean to them in terms of quality of life or opportunities, and demonstrate innovation and leadership. View past Stay Work Play Leadership Award Winners.